Ginger-Poached Gulf Shrimp with Yuzu-Wasabi Cocktail Sauce
- 3 lb Gulf Shrimp 16/20, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 6 cup Mirin
- 3 cup Rice vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup Ginger sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Scallion chopped
- 9 Garlic whole cloves
- 3 Jalapeño halved
- 3⁄4 cup Carrot thin sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Celery thin sliced
- 1 tbsp Black peppercorns whole
- 3 Bay leaf
- 3 tbsp Curry powder
- 1.5 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Yuzu juice*
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- 2 tbsp Wasabi prepared
- 1.5 tsp Sesame oil
- *Available at Asian markets, or substitute lime juice
- Combine mirin, rice vinegar, ginger, scallions, garlic, jalapeños, carrots, celery, peppercorns, bay leaf and curry powder in medium-size saucepot. Bring to simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While poaching liquid is cooking, prepare Yuzu-Wasabi Cocktail Sauce. Combine ketchup, yuzu, lime juice, orange juice, wasabi and sesame oil. Mix well and reserve.
- Add shrimp to poaching liquid and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from liquid and chill.
- Serve chilled shrimp with Yuzu-Wasabi Cocktail Sauce on the side.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board