Crispy Skin Gulf Drumfish Salad
- 12 Drum fillets 5 oz ea
- 32 oz Arugula
- 2 cup Red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cup Cucumbers medium dice
- 2 cup Green apples julienne
- 2 cup Fennel thinly shaved
- 1⁄2 cup Almonds slivered
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Olive oil divided
- 1⁄4 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine arugula, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, green apples, fennel and almonds in large mixing bowl. Reserve.
- Season Gulf Drumfish fillets with salt and pepper on flesh side only. Dredge fillet in flour and shake off any excess. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil starts to shimmer, add 3 fillets, skin-side down. Press down on each with spatula for 5 seconds each. Cook until edges of skin begin to turn brown and then flip over to finish cooking flesh side. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then remove from pan skin-side up. Reserve fillets warm and repeat cooking process with remaining fillets.
- To serve, dress salad mix with sherry vinegar, ½ cup olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide salad among plates. Place one fillet on top of each salad and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and sea salt.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board