- 72 Gulf Oysters cleaned, shucked
- 1.75 lb Unsalted butter divided
- 1.5 cup Bacon, applewood smoked thick cut, small dice
- 2 tbsp Anchovy fillets oil marinated, mashed to paste
- 6 tbsp Garlic minced
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tbsp TABASCO
- 9 tbsp Lemon juice divided
- 2.25 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup Parmesan
- 3 tbsp Smoked paprika
- Prepare and light charcoal grill or preheat gas grill.
- Combine 1½ lb. butter, bacon, anchovy fillets, garlic, bourbon, TABASCO and 6 Tbsp. lemon juice in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer and cook slowly for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Clean outside of oysters to remove any loose debris. Shuck oysters. Strain oyster liquid into container and add shucked oysters. Reserve bottom half of shell and discard top half.
- Melt remaining ¼ butter in sauté pan. Add breadcrumbs and cook while stirring constantly until slightly browned. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Place bottom half of shells on grill. Add small amount of bacon-anchovy butter sauce to each shell. Allow shells and sauce to heat up. Spoon 1 oyster into each shell and top with more sauce and a little oyster liquid. Cook until edges of oyster begin to curl up. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and smoked paprika. Continue to cook until breadcrumbs brown slightly and oysters are cooked, but not overcooked.
- To finish, drizzle each oyster with some of the remaining 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice.
Compliments of Gulf Fresh Mississippi Seafood