Basil Chimichurri Grilled Gulf Shrimp Skewers
- 4 lb Gulf Shrimp 16/20, peeled and deveined, tail off
- 6 cup Cilantro leaves
- 6 cup Fresh basil leaves
- 6 tbsp Fresh oregano
- 6 Garlic whole cloves
- 4 Jalapeños no seeds
- 1⁄2 cup Shallot sliced
- 2 tbsp Cumin
- 6 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp Lime juice
- 1.5 tbsp Black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine cilantro, basil, oregano, garlic, jalapeños, shallots, cumin, sherry vinegar, lime juice and black pepper in a food processor. Process until a paste forms and drizzle olive oil until incorporated. Reserve 1 cup chimichurri to serve on the side.
- Skewer each shrimp through the tail and then the head to form a C. Place skewers in a bowl, pour remaining chimichurri marinade over and toss to coat well. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours before cooking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp over medium-hot grill and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce on the side.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board