- 2 qt Water
- 4 tbsp Liquid crab boil
- 1⁄4 cup Orange juice
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb Blue crab meat jumbo lump
- 2 cups Spring mix lettuce greens
- 2 cups Spinach leaves stems removed
- 2 cups Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 cup Carrots thinly julienned
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb Packaged crawfish tails
- 1 lb Blue crab claws cooked and shelled
- 2 Lemons quartered
- 2 lbs Gulf shrimp large
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- To cook the shrimp: in a large pot, bring the water to a boil and add the crab boil seasoning. Add the raw shrimp and cook until done, about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- While the shrimp are cooling, make the dressing. In a mixing bowl, add the mustard, vinegar, orange juice and lemon juice as well as the sugar. Whisk the mixture while slowly drizzling the olive oil. When the emulsion is complete, taste and add salt and black pepper to your desired level. Be sure not to over-salt since the seafood will have a natural saltiness. Cover and refrigerate.
- Peel the shrimp leaving the tail intact. Place the crab into a mixing bowl and gently pick through and discard in shell pieces. Cover both and chill.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spring mix, spinach, iceberg lettuce and shredded carrots and mix thoroughly. Add the cherry tomatoes either whole or slice in half if large.
- On individual chilled plates, place a generous serving of the salad mixture.
- Take a small ramekin and mound a 4-ounce serving of lump crabmeat in the center of the salad mixture. Place portions of boiled shrimp, crawfish tails and crab claws around the salad.
- Remove the dressing from the refrigerator and pour individual portions in small cups or ramekins. Place the dressing on the plate nestled in the greens.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Compliments of Gulf Fresh Mississippi Seafood