Salt-roasted Gulf Shrimp with Orange-Honey dipping sauce
- 16-20 count, whole Gulf Shrimp
- 2 cups Fresh Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Green onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Original TABASCO brand pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp Low-sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 lbs Kosher or rock salt
- Preheat oven to 475 F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice, orange zest, honey, green onion, TABASCO and soy sauce; hold on the side.
- Place a 1/2 inch-thick layer of salt on an oven proof pan; bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the salt from pan from the oven and lay the Gulf Shrimp, with head and shell still on, on top of the salt. Cover with foil. Then place back in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from salt with tongs, and place 5 on each individual serving plate. Serve with 2 oz. ramekins of orange-honey dipping sauce.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board