- 36 Gulf oysters shucked, in the half shell
- 1 taste Rock salt to taste
- 2 cup Spinach cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup Onion chopped
- 2 Bay leaves fresh
- 2 tbsp Celery chopped
- 1 tsp Parsley chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Pepper sauce hot
- 1⁄3 cup Butter
- 1⁄2 cup Breadcrumbs dry
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Arrange oysters in shells on rock salt in a baking dish.
- Process spinach, onion, bay leaves, celery, parsley and seasonings in a food processor until smooth.
- In a saucepan, cook spinach mixture in butter for 5 minutes. Add breadcrumbs and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Spoon the spinach mixture on top of oysters and bake at 400ºF until oyster edges curl.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood