- 1 lb Gulf shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp Capers
- 2 tbsp Liquid from caper jar
- 1⁄2 cup Gulf honey
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Golden raisins
- 1⁄2 cup Gulf white wine
- 1⁄4 cup Olive oil
- 5 Garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Piquillo peppers julienned
- 12 oz Gulf spinach leaves
- 1⁄3 cup Slivered almonds toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Honey-Caper Shrimp: Put the shrimp in a zipper bag and set aside. Purée all of the capers, liquid, honey, sherry, zest, juice, and salt in a food processor; add the oil. Pour into the zipper bag and coat the shrimp well. Squeeze out any air, zip, and marinate for two hours at room temperature.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill over a medium-high flame for about 1½ minutes per side. Serve over spinach with raisins.
- Spinach with Raisins: Soak the raisins in the wine for several hours.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan on medium-heat; add the garlic and Piquillos and sauté for 2 minutes. Next add the raisins and wine along with the spinach. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the spinach is just wilted. Finally, toss with almonds and season with salt and pepper.
Compliments of Texas Gulf Seafood