Gulf Oyster Ceviche
- 72 Louisiana oysters cleaned*
- 1.5 cup Red onions thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp Jalapeño thinly sliced, no seeds
- 1.5 cup Cherry tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1.5 tsp TABASCO
- 3⁄4 cup Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Lime zest chopped
- 6 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sea salt coarse
- 72 leaves Fresh cilantro leaf
- *Use only freshly shucked oysters for this recipe.
- Shuck oysters. Strain and reserve oyster liquid. Reserve bottom half of shell and discard top half.
- Combine oyster liquid, red onions, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, lime zest, tomatoes, TABASCO and olive oil. Add oysters and marinate for 5-7 minutes.
- Arrange oyster shells on a bed of ice or sea salt. Place 1 oyster on each shell and top with cherry tomato half, red onions, 1 slice of jalapeño, some juice from marinade and a couple crystals of sea salt. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaf.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board