Gulf Oysters and Brown Rice Bisque
- 1.25 lbs Gulf Oysters shucked, rinsed, chopped
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1⁄2 lb White Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 cups Clam Juice
- 1.5 cups Milk 2%
- 1⁄2 cup Half and Half Fat Free
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1.5 cups Brown Rice cooked
- 1.5 tbsp Original Tabasco® Brand Peper Sauce
- 2 tbsp Flat Leaf Parslet chopped
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- In a pot over medium-low heat, add oil, onions and?liquid smoke; cover and cook until onions are translucent, 34 minutes. Add 2 cups of the clam juice, plus the milk and half-and-half, and bring to a simmer.
- Into a bowl with the cornstarch, ladle 3 oz. of the liquid and stir until cornstarch is blended. Then add this mixture back to the saucepan with the rest of the simmering liquid. Stir over medium-low heat until the liquid thickens slightly. ?Add the Gulf Oysters, brown rice and TABASCO®; cook until the oysters are fully cooked, 34 minutes.
- Ladle equal amounts into soup bowls. Garnish with parsley, smoked paprika. ?
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board