- 1 dozen fresh Gulf oysters, shucked
- 4 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 2 tbsp olive juice
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh horseradish
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- hot sauce (your favorite kind)
- pickled okra (for garnish)
- fresh citrus (lemon and lime if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- good quality vodka (if desired)
- celery, sliced into thin sticks (for garnish)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl or large measuring cup, add tomato juice.
- Using a whisk to stir with, start adding the flavoring ingredients a little at a time.
- Make sure to taste as you go in order to fine tune the flavor that is right for you.
- Once you have the right mixture, set aside to chill.
- Depending on the size and kind of glasses you serve in, use a cut lemon to coat the rim of the glasses.
- Dip the rim of the glasses into the chopped parsley just like you would a margarita.
- Fill the glasses 3/4 of the way full.
- Garnish the glasses with pickled okra and celery sticks.
- Float a raw oyster or two on top depending on size and serve immediately.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood