- 1 lb Golden Crabmeat (or Gulf Blue Crab meat)
- 4 crowns leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated plus extra for topping
- 4 hamburger rolls
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine crabmeat, chopped onion, Worcestershire, seafood seasoning, celery, mayo, and cheese.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and fold ingredients together using a rubber spatula.
- Toast the hamburger buns under broiler. Spread an even amount of the crab mixture over each bun, and top with extra grated cheese if desired.
- Place the topped burgers back under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Place lettuce and tomato between each burger and assemble the halves.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood