Gulf Coast Crabmeat Stuffed Flounder
- 4 fillets Flounder 1/4-pound each
- 1 cup Crabmeat jumbo lump
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Celery finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Yellow onion finely chopped
- 1⁄8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp Hot sauce
- 1⁄8 tsp Cajun spice
- Salt to taste
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup Bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Parsley freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rinse Gulf Coast Flounder fillets and pat dry.
- In small sauté pan on medium heat, melt butter; add peppers, celery and onions. Sauté for 810 minutes to wilt vegetables; dont brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Gulf Coast Crabmeat, Worcestershire sauce, Louisiana Original Hot Sauce, Cajun spice, salt, egg, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, paprika and chopped parsley. Mix thoroughly. Add sautéed vegetables and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Lay out flounder fillets on cutting board with flattest side up. Divide crabmeat mixture among fillets; mound down center of each. Fold fillets vertically over stuffing and transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes. Ladle a small amount of Mornay sauce on top and place back in oven for another 5 minutes.
- Note: Recipe for Mornay sauce can be found at http://kitchenandculture.com/recipes/crabmeat-stuffed-flounder-mornay-sauce
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board