Foil-wrapped Gulf Red Snapper
- 4-cut into 3 oz. portions Gulf Red Snapper fillets
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- 4 oz. Fennel, small-diced
- 6 oz. Tomato, small-diced
- 2 oz. Red onion, small-diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- Foil, cut into 8 x 8 pieces - 4 ea.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F degrees. Lay out each foil square; fold the first inch of each edge up, all the way around. Spray olive oil to cover the inside of the foil.
- Place a bed of fennel over the lower third of each foil square. Top each with Gulf Red Snapper fillet.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, onion and basil. Spoon equal amounts of this mixture over fillet. Drizzle equal amounts of wine over each fillet.
- Fold over each foil packet and close completely; seal each edge tightly.
- Place packets on a sheet pan to catch any leakage. Place pan into preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from oven to individual serving plates or bowls.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board