Flounder Stuffed with Gulf Blue Crab
- 2.5 lb Gulf Flounder fillets fresh
- 8 oz Gulf Blue Crabmeat fresh
- 1⁄4 cup Green onion chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Butter (or margarine) melted
- 1⁄2 cup Saltine crackers crushed
- 2 tbsp Parsely dried
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1.5 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- Butter individual casserole dishes or large two quart dish. Combine onions, butter, seasonings, crabmeat and crackers. Put crabmeat mixture in the fillets. Bake uncovered 25 minutes at 400ºF.
- While fish is cooking, melt 3 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in 3 tbsp. flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Simmer until bubbly and smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups milk, stirring until it thickens. Do not boil.
- Add grated cheese and stir until melted. Pour cheese mixture over fish and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Compliments of Gulf Fresh Mississippi Seafood