- 4 servings Grits
- 3 slices Bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion small, finely minced
- 1 clove Garlic large, minced
- 0.3 cup Celery chopped fine
- 0.3 cup Green pepper chopped fine
- 1 sprig Thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound Shrimp medium, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup Half and half milk
- 1⁄2 tsp Ground cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Parsley chopped
- Prepare grits according to package directions; set aside and keep warm. Fry bacon until crisp then remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat in the pan and add olive oil to bacon fat; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, green pepper, thyme, bay leaf and mushrooms; sauté until soft. Add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through.
- Stir in cream, bacon, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and lemon juice; simmer until heated through. In individual bowls or plates, spoon shrimp over grits; sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood