- 12 Oysters
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Lemon
- Shuck all oysters, reserve, place oysters in perforated hotel pan and top with plastic wrap.
- Place the handful of wood chips in a 4-inch deep hotel plan. Place on stove and turn heat to high.
- When smoking, turn heat off and place perforated oyster pan onto wood chips and smoke for 25 seconds. Remove and reserve for later.
- In large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons butter and cook on high heat until brown, then add garlic, ½ sliced onion, sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 6 leaves of rough chopped Bibb lettuce and the smoked oysters. Sauté for another minute.
- Finish with zest and juice of one lemon and one tablespoon capers.
- Place on a plate or add back to the shells for a nice presentation.
Compliments of Alabama Gulf Seafood