- Two dozen fresh Gulf Oysters, shucked
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Hot sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 lemons
- 1 loaf crusty French style bread
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat gas grill or fire up charcoal grill.
- In a small sauce pot, combine butter, hot sauce and lemon juice.
- Season the butter mixture with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Put the small sauce pot with the butter mixture on the grill to melt. Stir butter mixture to combine.
- Taste butter mixture and adjust seasoning with more lemon or hot sauce if needed.
- Carefully place the half shell oysters directly on the grill.
- Cook for several minutes until the oysters start to bubble in their shell.
- Carefully ladle butter mixture over the oysters paying close attention to any fire created.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley evenly over oysters.
- Serve oysters hot in the shell with fresh lemon and crusty bread.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood