Blue Crab Debris
- Heat medium stockpot over medium heat; add crabs. Toss until color brightens. Add 8 oz. water; simmer for 30 minutes. Strain, saving stock and crabs. When cool, pick crabmeat and set aside.
- Toss onion in 1/8 tsp of Olive Oil and set aside. In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until caramelized.
- Add celery, carrot, bell pepper and garlic. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender. Add white wine and white wine vinegar. Cook until liquid disappears. Add stock and crab shells, cover. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and crab shells. Over medium-high heat, reduce remaining liquid until syrupy. Add asparagus. Cook until tender. Add mushrooms. Stir until mushrooms are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Toss in lemon juice and zest. Add Gulf Crabmeat and crabmeat picked from the whole crabs and season with salt and pepper. Stir a few times and serve.
Compliments of Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board