- 1.5 tsp Dried thyme
- 1.5 tsp Dried marjoram
- 1.5 tsp Dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup Olive oil
- 4 Swordfish steaks 6 oz., 1.5 inches thick, skin removed
- Combine the herbs, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Heat an iron skillet over high heat 5 to 10 minutes until very hot.
- While pan is heating, brush the steaks on both sides with olive oil;pat herb mixture onto both sides of each steak.
- Place the steaks in the pan over high heat; cook for about 2 minutes. Turn steaks and cook for 2 to 6 minutes more,depending on thickness. (Note: May substitute commercially prepared blackening seasoning for spice mixture.)
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood